So this year I decided to take part in Hacktoberfest as a maintainer and put up some issues for people to work on in this silly remote job board aggregator called JobbyJobJob.
I was blown away by the number of people that helped with it. It’s had 22 pull requests from 13 contributors from all over the world. It’s blown my mind. Honestly I didn’t expect this at all.
Some of the great features that were worked on was:
- Added User Authentication and Permissions
- Stack Overflow Job Aggregation
- A Resume Builder!
- Pagination for job posts
- An API and RSS Feed for job posts
- Docker Image for easy building
- View History so users can see jobs they’ve viewed
- Filter job posts by company
- Layout and Designs got updated
- Typo/Grammar Fixes
I just want to say to everyone who helped with the project a HUGE thank you and I’m so grateful for all the time and energy spent on this project.
Check out all the great stuff that was added!